Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday 17 October 2008: Sarah's friend Erika meets Ozark Henry and Sarah's old friend Per in New York city at an Ozark concert as Sarah looks on...

Sarah says:
Heidi and I with Erika from afar! Life is so fast with computers and Internet! So funny to get photos from Erika the day after she had a night out with an old Denmark Journalism school friend Per and with Piet from Ozark Henry at his show last night in New York city! I love all these worlds connecting.

There's Erika with Piet from Ozark Henry after his NYC gig. They could be brother and sister.
There's Erika with Per. Here's the story - I had met Tom in Utrecht at the journalism school there. We fell in love. We were together for a nice 5 months or so. I went to Aarhus with Tom very heavy in my head because of course I wanted to stay with him but I couldn't figure out how we could do that with him in Belgium and me in New York without marrying and I wasn't ready for that yet and nor was he. So I felt confused!

I ran into Per at school in Denmark and like Tom, he was friendly, he was an aspiring journalist, he loved music as I recall, he had long hair, he was smart! But unlike Tom, he had an American passport and it turns out he was born at same NY hospital I was. I heard that and I was "in love"! Well -- not in love really but certainly it looked like an escape route in my messed up little head! So I had a crush on Per for a few months even though we hardly even spoke! We were friendly to each other but that was it! The rest was in my head - my messed up head! Anyway - the rest is history as you know! Thankfully Per probably hardly knew I existed so I didn't cheat on Tom or make any bad moves! And marrying Tom was the best thing I ever did because he's great and because we had Ayla of course!!!! So it's really funny to see Erika on here with Per! He's still cute though! That's for sure! And come to think of it - he and Erika look alike too! I was probably just falling for him because I wanted a male version of Erika! Sick in the head! Messed up minds back then! :-)

I really love all these connections to Belgium, New York, Norway, you name it! I love when all these worlds meet of past and present and here and there! Gives me good cheer.

No comments: