Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tuesday 09 September 2008: Heidi saw some stray cats play yesterday! And today Heidi and Sarah are pure and in your face or are you in their faces???

Heidi says:
I was the Stray Cats play their farewell gig in the AB in Brussels. I love the way they still call themselves boys and they still slap like the best! On top of that, they were very friendly and sweet! Go cat go!
Sarah says:
That's my winter face already! Pale, worn-out, tired-looking, small-eyed, flat hair, grey... There was sun today yet we still look wintry. Hope we filled up on vitamin D - might be the last chance!

Forgot my face Post Secret this week so here it is. This is something tormenting me a little lately. I just don't really know how to take to people who love Sarah Palin and will vote for her and John McCain! I don't feel good about feeling bad about other people's choices which are really not for me to judge or take offense to. But this is a tough one! I just don't know how to handle Republicans right now. That's not fair or right of me - it makes be a bad person in some ways. I should be open to all beliefs even when they don't agree with mine. We all can think how we want! Yet still - I get a little rage inside when I find out someone I know and maybe even love will vote Republican. Maybe they also can't stand that I would vote Democrat. I don't know. This is so tricky. It's hard for me to respect anyone here in Belgium who votes for the far-right party. The Republicans are a different kind of far right with different issues but it gives me the same feeling of disgust and despair.

No comments: