Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday 20 July 2008: Hair today, gone tomorrow... Sarah's Marv shaves his vacation beard. Sarah will miss it badly - being a fan of hairy beasts!

Sarah says:
Marv grew a beard during our vacation. I like beards. I wish more people did and didn't tell him it looked bad and all that... But he has to like it - which he did - but it's just not done in Belgium. Tuesday it's back to work so it was time for him to shave... I'd relly like him to grow a full beard! All on and wild! But that will never happen. I look happy in the photo below but in fact I'm a little sad to say goodbye to the beard!
It's Post Secret Sunday. I chose the below one about shuffle-mode on an ipod and being spontaneous because that's what vacation feels like! It allows you / one / me to be spontaneous, which is GRAND!!!!! Everyday life has a lot to offer and I am really fortunate to love my job and family life and to have some good friends to pass time with. Even so - the spontaneous days only come during vacation. No plans! Or just some here and there. Meals just come as they come at odd hours or here and there when we are moved to eat. We wake up late. Plan the day based on the weather or our moods... It's really fantastic! Today, for example, my husband, my daughter and I played Monopoly for 5 hours straight!!!!! I'm happy to report I won by a landslide! Then we got a movie and are busy watching it. I have seen it - Moulin Rouge - so I'm sitting here at the computer and watching the parts I want to see again. Tomorrow is the last day to sleep late. Our daughter goes away to camp for 10 days. And it's back to work for us on Tuesday. In some ways I look forward to working again because I love what I do and I feel great and comfy at the office. But I will miss the ease at which the days pass during vacation. I'll miss that feeling of total relaxatin and the ability to shut down and let go and enjoy. There's still half of a summer left so that's a great thing. The days are longer. The weather is bound to improve. My husband have our evenings free since our daughter will be away for a while. It can also be nice. A movie here. A cafe there. A dinner out one night if we feel like it. A game or two with friends. It's all good and I can't complain I guess...

No comments: