Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday 12 October 2007: Heidi and Sarah Let The Sun Shine In... And meet Sarah's cute new housemates!!!!



When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius!
Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius!
Aquarius!

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius!
Aquarius!
Aquarius!
Aquarius!

Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in
Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in
Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in

Oh, let it shine, c'mon
Now everybody just sing along
Let the sun shine in
Open up your heart and let it shine on in
When you are lonely, let it shine on
Got to open up your heart and let it shine on in
And when you feel like you've been mistreated
And your friends turn away
Just open your heart, and shine it on in

Sun Catcher as seen in above photo is available at AMBA-AMBA. Heidi and Sarah are sure it will bring good luck and good karma their way! Thanks Vanessa!

How could I forget to introduce you all to my daughter's new pet guinea pigs named "Kika" and "Kike" (pronounced Key-ca and Key-ke so don't get offended -- the name "Kike" is not meant to be a pejorative ethnic slur referring to a Jew in case you were wondering. My kid chose the names. We thought they would be called Kika and Coco but she wouldn't have any of it. I can't even tell them apart name-wise or in real-life as they look so much alike so it's all the same to me. They are sisters and they came from my daughter's cousin Arne. He has the mom. My daughter is so pleased. And to tell you the truth, I already love the little buggers. They really are cute. Adorable even! And they make such wonderful noises. Click here to have a chance to hear the different noises. Ours seeem to purr and rumble a lot. The mother in me and vegetable lover gets so excited when they eat up all the fresh spinach, carrots and broccoli we give them. And the pears! Today we gave them pears and it was like watching a baby eat fruit for the first time. Heart-warming. I hope Kika and Kike will be part of our family for a long time - that my daughter, with all her new-found responsibility, will keep them well and alive and happy and that she will be all the happier for it!

From the looks of it, Kika is the less fearful one and made her way into every photo, where as Kike scurried away mostly. Then again, I actually don't know if that's Kika or Kike. I'll have to find out! Anyway, they are hungry bunnies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ayla,
I saw the pictures of your guinea pigs. They are adorable and quite beautiful with their colors. I read about and listened to their noises. How very interesting! See, animals do talk. They just have a different language than people. I can't wait to meet them when I visit at Christmas. Love, Ami