Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday 12 April 2007: Heidi and Sarah are Down by the waterhole -drunk every Friday - Eating their nuts -saving their raisins for sunday.




Heidi says:
Swing is the thing! Come see, come dance! On the 14th of April there is a great party in Humbeek! Where? In Humbeek, near Brussels! We are going to sweat and dance our asses off! Alright! Oh and I almost forgot, me and my dear buddy boy Nice are DJ'ing for two hours and we will give the best best of ourselves! Promise!
Sarah says:
Lets bungle in the jungle --- well, that’s all right by me. I’m a tiger when I want love, But I’m a snake if we disagree….
Heidi is on speed again. I gotta get me some of what she’s got. It’s a sort of daily vitamin drink that you take for two weeks. I shall purchase mine shortly and we both shall be ready for a rumble with our hair greased back. It’s that kind of day folks. That kind of day.

Check out my purple smoothie! Isn’t it the most beautiful thing you have ever seen? One part diet-shake and one-part handful of frozen blueberries and cherries. Full on delicious and healthy and the color makes me so happy each day! The person who turned me on to the lifestyle change of Smoothies may well be the “Smoothie Kid”. But last night I got the title of “Smoothie Operator” – as sung to the tune of Sade’s song “Smooth Operator”. It’s my new morning soundtrack! Smoothie is the new rough you know!

Last night I got seriously housed during my night out! One person asked me when the baby was due! And another said I must be around 40 years old by now! Can you imagine that???!!!! There I am, in heels no less – a new skirt – a shirt with a little cleavage – feeling fine and looking good (so I thought) – and that’s what I hear!!! It must be all my grey hair! Maybe it was my little beard patch! My five-o-clock shadow was showing! This weekend I’ll take a photo of it! That will help me to get past all this shame about it! I can’t help it. It’s the fault of my parents and their parents – bad genes!!!! Strange this little patch of beard only grows on the right side of my chin. It’s on my right side that I have only half a fallopian tube – the birth defect that I am – the egg just falls into the abyss every other month – wasted – or perhaps caught by the other fallopian tube trying to grab it fast to make new life! I read that when you have this condition – the good fallopian tube learns how to act like a snake of sorts and jumps to catch the egg falling out of the broken, open one. Isn’t the body amazing? It’s also really screwed up though! Maybe I only have extra testosterone on my right side. Patches of hair on the chin area on women are related to the ovaries. I’m just one big mess really! But what can you do about it, eh?! Just love thyself no matter what I guess and carry a small razor with you at all times! That’s what I’ll have to start doing until I go through the permanent hair-removal process starting in October. As I can’t pluck the bastards out anymore – my only choice is to shave. So shave I will – maybe even twice a day when nature calls! Call me She-Man if you like!

Almost the weekend! Yippy and all that! It’ll be 27 degrees Celsius here. Sun, sun, sun = fun, fun, fun! Somehow, though stress has re-entered my life, I’m not really feeling it or taking it home with me. If I learned anything in all those months I was home, it was that you can sort of exist on all different levels and keep them separate. Close one door and leave an atmosphere behind. Open another door, let in a new sphere. All the different doors do not have to be swinging open and closed into each other sweeping up storms along the way. Right now – and I hope it lasts – home is home, work is work, hobby is hobby, sleep is sleep and so on and so forth. These days, you know what keeps me up at night? Not stressy summaries of daytime conversations but phrases like ‘check with the management” from Carnivale or songs like PJ Harvey 50 Foot Queenie from rehearsal playing over and over in my head. Either my brain is really empty or I am starting to learn the art of letting the little things go and keeping the big things from snowballing. I hope so. I want a calm, clear head. It makes life grand! Not to say a little stress isn’t good some of the time. We all need a kick in the arse every now and then! But man will it be lovely to enjoy each thing for what it is and not spread the harder stuff onto the nice stuff – ruining it and all…
Check out this article about modern-day stress and how it causes sleepless nights...
Lastly - you should check this out! I used to love Alanis Morissette as most wanna-be singers did when her first hits came out. Not as much these days - her music went a bit downhill and I grew up I guess and got over all my angst. But via this link have a look at her version of the Black Eyed Peas song "My Humps on You Tube and a story about it. This is great stuff - really funny but not funny really - clever I'd say... especially to those of us with young daughters who sing along with these songs on the radio with our young daughters but at the same time think - "ahhh - what horrible way too sexed-up lyrics -- what will my kid think of this - ahhh - don't grow up so fast - don't listen..." My kid loves Fergie songs and Black Eyed Peas songs - it makes me uncomfortable sometimes! I wonder what music I was grooving to when I was 8? Probably The Grand Funk Railroad version of The Locomotion and The Sugarhill Gang's Rapper's Delight. That's all I remember anyway...
These were the hits when I was 8:
1979
1. Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2 - Pink Floyd
2. London Calling - The Clash
3. Rapper's Delight - The Sugarhill Gang
4. Good Times - Chic
5. Dont Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
6. We Are Family - Sister Sledge
7. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
8. Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
9. Brass in Pocket - The Pretenders
10. Message in a Bottle - The Police
Hmm - I guess "Hot Stuff" was a bit racy back then and Comfortably Numb - well that explains a lot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for some reason there are two years that define music for me... 1979 and 1987. i was in the 9th grade in '79 and my all time favorite record was released ;"london calling" but also... "the wall", "fine art of surfacing", "fear of music", "armed forces", "duty now for the future", "dream police", "rust never sleeps", "in through the out door"...
i miss jr. high school.
fej