Monday, April 23, 2007

Sunday 22 April 2007: Heidi and Sarah look beautiful today, enjoy the sun, their little families, their friends and their daughters…

Sarah says:
Don’t Heidi and I look mysterious, clean, fresh and crisp up there in the sun surrounded by green? Not to mention beautiful… What a LOVELY, SUNNY day!
Sarah adds:
Don’t Marv (shhh…don’t tell my husband I had a picnic and hung out in the sun for 5 hours with my lover again as my daughter and husband were away…) and I look mysterious, clean, fresh and crisp up there in the sun surrounded by green? Not to mention beautiful… What a LOVELY, SUNNY day!
Sarah continues:
Don’t Heidi, Yma, Katrijn, Yana, Ayla and I look mysterious, clean, fresh and crisp up there in the sun surrounded by green? Not to mention beautiful… What a LOVELY, SUNNY day!
Sarah continues:
Speaking of our wonderful, amazing, beautiful, lovely, incredible, funny, spectacular daughters whom you see up there in that photo of Heidi and her Yma, Katrijn and her Yana and me and my Ayla – well, they will grow up to be teenagers sooner than we know it! Ayla will be 8 in one week! She acts like a teenager half the time! I am not ready to have an actual teenager. The above Post Secret entry of this week I chose scares me. I tell my kid all the time that she is being a drama queen, which she is. Right now, she is young enough to laugh it off most of the time. The rest of the time she cries when I say that. At what point does that switch over to her hating me for calling her a dram queen? To her internalizing everything and becoming a broody teenager who feels misunderstood and slams doors? We were all teenagers. I was a pretty bad teenager up to no good a lot of the time but with enough moral fiber (for lack of a better description) and smarts to prevent me from falling through the cracks! I am sure all of our daughters will get through their teenage years and all that. It’s just scary to think about. Luckily we have some time until those rocky years come but some of the teenage behavior is already showing its face… And like sand through the hourglass, so are The Days Of Our Lives…

No comments: