Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday 25 March 2007: Sarah is still in Delft enjoying the sunny day and good human and animal company...

Sarah says:
So we were in Delft and guess who happened to be having a free gig at a record shop today? Well I'll tell ya - it was Absynthe Minded - the band I told y'all to check out the other day when I wrote about their new album "There is Nothing" that you can listen to via this link on Luisterpaal still. Their singer Bert Ostyn, who comes from Vichte, where my husband grew up and where I got married, was kind enough to let me take the above photo.



And after the gig we moved on to a great lunch at ASG and TG's little home and then to an animal farm. I of course had to ask that goat to be my guest here. My daughter followed suit and asked another goat to do the same. Notice how we chose goats that sort of looked like each of us, the narcissists we are!

And as for my fave Post Secret pick of the week, I'm going to have to go with the one below. It's that whole Devil's Advocate thing again - just this quiet need to stir stuff up sometimes. Parties are as good a place to mess with people's heads as anywhere else, right? There is something fun about watching people not know what to say. Parties in general are awkward - don't you think? I mean I am pretty social and not shy one bit but the conversations, the small talk, the follow-up questions, all that stuff - it can be challenging. Mostly the awkward things I say at parties and anywhere for that matter are anything but on purpose - but every now and then. I have always loved the Joni Mitchell song People's Parties because she describes the inability to be light and easy so well and how easy it is to be nervous and awkward, even the most ballsy of us. Check out the words via this link.

No comments: