Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday 09 March 2007: Sarah actually won't see Heidi today so here's Heidi a year ago. Sarah has less hair on her eyebrows and Heidi on her head...

Sarah says: (another long entry I'm afraid...You'll miss these long ones when they are gone!)
Five minutes before I took this photo, I had my eyebrows plucked - hence the swelling and redness. I continue to wonder if contact lenses will correct that wandering eye of mine just as my glasses do. I really want to get lenses - not for everyday wear but for sometimes - just to have an alternative to glasses. My daughter cried when I told her I might get lenses. She said I look mean without glasses - that she'd be scared of me. From the mouths of babes! But I don't care what she says - one of these days I will at least try out lenses for a week. If they correct my lopsided eyeball, great - I'm sure I'll love them. If they don't, then I'll stick with glasses.

As for my eyebrows, well one day maybe I'll let them grow back in just to show you what a difference a good eyebrow job can make to a face. Basically I was bordering on uni-brow before. I am a hairy beast - just look at my head-hair - and I get it thinned every few months - yet still it can get huge if I let it. My eyebrows can do the same. Maybe I'll scan an old photo when my eyebrows were like two fat caterpillars.

I also had my chin hairs plucked! Yep - I get chin hairs I hate to admit. I think chin hairs are the biggest evil that my body offers up to me - almost worse than my back for all those years! I mean there is such maintenance involved in dealing with chin hairs. It is an everyday event on my face. Something I can't overlook even one day. If I let it go, I could grow a beard I bet! Of course I never let it go long enough to find out! And even with the high-maintenance, in place of the hairs, I get red spots and swelling so I almost never have a clean chin. You might think I have acne, but no! Those spots are generally related to hairs gone wrong. Isn't that sad? Doesn't that suck? I know I probably should leave this kind of info out of such a blog - but I'd like to take this little step to remove the shame from this. I can't help it that I am prone to such things. It's in my genes. All I can do is grin and bear it (and bare it!) and maintain it. I think when I am 40 I will throw myself a chin-hair birthday party and ask that everyone contributes to laser-hair removal surgery for me. That sort of treatment is expensive - it would cost me about Euro 2500 at least -to begin! I can't spend that kind of money on such a thing no matter how vain I am! So start saving for my chin-hair removal fund everyone! You have less than 5 years as I'll be 36 this year. I think I'd choose chin-hair removal surgery over eye-sight correction surgery - but this gives me a good 4 more years to decide!

Anyone else - female!!! - out there with a chin-hair problem? C'mon! Leave a comment. Don't be ashamed of it! You can't help it. Tell me what you do to deal with the suckers!!! And all the rest of y'all who see women with acne-like stuff only on their chins, think twice - it might just be ingrown chin-hairs or too much plucking action.

See what you can learn here at Face the Day?

Speaking of vanity - I was told again today that I have gotten fatter again! Hear it here and now - I KNOW I HAVE GOTTEN FATTER AGAIN!!! It's not necessary to tell me! I am well aware of it! My pants and shirts tell me it every day. And I'm okay with it. It's temporary. I'll start starving myself again once I go back to real-life and real-hours. (haha - don't worry, I never actually starve myself or get dangerous - I just seriously cut back as best I can) And then guess what - I'll start gaining weight again for some reason. And then, guess what, I'll start eating much less again. And then guess what, I'll start gaining again! And so it goes and so it goes for so so many of us I'm afraid! And I have to be a good example to my kid! Ha!

All right - enough about me and vanity - I won't see Heidi today for once so I offer you the below photo of her from last year on this date. Notice how short her hair was! I guess she was pregnant already then. I think we were fighting that week - or pretending to. Heidi and I have never had a fight I think - thankfully! I'll miss her this weekend. Won't see her at all. We'll hear what she got up to on Monday I hope. Have a good weekend Heidi and the rest of you!


oh - one last thing (as usual) - check this article out if you or your partner is a snorer! I rarely get a good sleep when my husband snores so I get him back by coughing (haha). The article says that if you share a room with a snorer, you lose 2 hours of sleep a night basically - which adds up to losing two years sleep in your lifetime! I knew it! I am always exhausted after a big night of listening to snoring. It can drive me mad at night. My husband can't help it. I know that. I have to put up with it. I have tried ear-plugs but they have not worked so far or have given me a headache or ear-ringing. It's too bad. Any solutions out there? Luckily I seem to need a lot less sleep than my husband does so I survive it. This article explains why some people really can do fine with less sleep.

And finally - I can't believe I was so in love with Eddie Van Halen when I was a teenager. I wore a Van Halen necklace everyday starting at age 12 I think. I took a picture of Eddie Van Halen to the hairdressers back then and asked them to feather my hair like Eddie's. I had a Van Halen thingy painted on my jean jacket as you can see below (photos taken last year at Heidi's and my 1980's night in honor of last Freaks & Geeks episode). I was jealous of Valerie Bertinelli - his then wife. One day I'll scan my year book photo from the 8th grade and show you my Van Halen look for real. Anyway, this article shows you what poor Eddie Van Halen is up to right now - top People Magazine story today!


Me, Heidi and Nico get as 80s as we can (last year). As I did when I was 12, I tried my best to look like Eddie Van Halen. See, I have always wanted to be a rock star and a male rock star at that - hence the growing my weenie comment yesterday as I'll be starting to sing again really soon-yippy!

No comments: