Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday 02 March 2007: No Heidi today - just Sarah - a very sleepy Sarah looking forward to going to bed tonight...

Sarah says:
See how tired and Caucasian I look up there? Well I am. Too much night-time coughing keeping me up. And I had a dream that I took a small passenger plane to England for a few hours and I got a belly ache from turbulence and heavy clouds. I guess my dream is telling me that I am thinking about April, when I'll return to real life and work. It wasn't a bad dream or an anxiety dream or anything like that. Just a short very realistic dream. What would Freud say?

I won't see Heidi today so no picture of her I'm afraid. All I know is that she's getting her eyebrows plucked very soon and going to see the Black Angels and The Black Keys tonight in Gent. Her good friend KG will be taking care of YMA and bottle-feeding her so Heidi will be worry-free. I wonder how she'll feel? Free or nervous? Or both most likely.

Tonight I will hit the sack as soon as I can because tomorrow will be a long day of eating with the family in Bilzen of all places! More eating again! Probably a 4 course meal! How am I ever going to lose any weight. Oh well, I'm sure it will be good food so... After that we'll head to Breda in Holland as it is so close and stay at a friend's house and see the city on Sunday before we drive back. It will be a test for my back - that's for sure - a long drive.

I feel fine other than this annoying night time cough and a reoccurring pain in my right side that started after my back surgery. It's probably a nerve or something. Whatever it is, it's getting on my nerves and makes me feel tired every time it shows up. It makes me feel like I have to get those muscles stronger but I can't yet. No exercises like that till June. Oh well, I lived with major pain for years I'm sure I can handle this too.

Now I'll watch some bad but oh so good TV starting with Oprah and be lazy for an hour or two before I have to do the dishes and make dinner, the good housewife that I am and all. Did you know while at home all these months I watch Dr. Phil almost every morning and Oprah almost every afternoon. Hard to resist I'm afraid to admit. Today's Oprah episode, which is on in the background, is all about hairstyles and make-up that can change your life. Woo hoo and yippy! I love that. I want a new hairstyle. Maybe I'll be inspired. Here goes my hypocrisy again! Loving and hating these shows all at the same time. (like women's magazines).

Hopes for next week: to see the movie Little Children that just came out in Belgium (finally the movie Running with Scissors will come out in Belgium too soon - though I hear the book, by my fave current writer Augusten Burroughs is much better I'm sure! Here's a link to his Blog by the way - check it out - I'm sure you'll become a fan too), to start watching Battlestar Galactica with my husband at night now that Carnivale is over, to see Heidi a few times as she'll start work in a couple of weeks, to get some good massages at the physio-therapist, hang out with my daughter as much as possible, continue to rest, to buy shoes and to eagerly await whatever else happens to come up...

Have a good weekend!

No comments: