Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday 04 February 2007: Sarah looks like a Gimp in this week's anti-stress mask the day her mom leaves Belgium... with book manuscript in hand...

Heidi says: Sarah's mom left. It's sad. But she'll come back!
I am also very tired. This face shows what exhaustion can do to a person... :-

Sarah says:
My friend AVDG gave me a few different masks. I'd have to say the above one felt the best so far but certainly looked the scariest - sort of like a Gimp mask if you ask me... What a strange Sunday indeed. I hate goodbyes and today started with a very early-morning one. My mom should be back in Florida by now after along day of travelling with a plane delay of three hours from New York to Miami. Our house feels strange to say the least. My mom has been here since the 7th of December. This is the longest she's ever stayed. The longest anyone has ever stayed with us. Surprisingly it all went very well and all of us really enjoyed it. My mom was so helpful before, during and after my back surgery. She helped to take the strain off for me, my husband and my daughter and my in-laws I'm sure. It was just great and cozy having her a round and all of us were sad to see her go.
With that said, there was something semi-nice about having the first sort of normal day in a while. Just my husband, our daughter and I hanging around, napping, playing a game and eating together. Our house was so silent. The day was long. My daughter kept having little crying breakdowns but she's feeling okay. In a way, I think she felt somewhat at ease just being alone with only us. It's been a while and all three of us need to find and to feel that close family bond again.
I don't particularly look forward to tomorrow. I am happy I'll be sleeping in the attic for the first time since my operation tonight and from now on. I brought all my clothes back up and my toiletries and sort of unpacked and moved back into normalcy of sorts. But at 8 tomorrow morning when my husband and kid leave for their day, I will be all alone at home for the whole month. That sounds awful to me to be honest. I know for some that would be calm and quite and relaxing and all that but not for me! I just have to find easy things to do. I have to get resourceful! The kinds of projects I enjoy usually involve sitting on the floor sorting through boxes of things and bags and closets. I can't do that right now because of my back so I have to get creative. I'll keep you posted on what I get up to. I hope it will be some good stuff!
As someone commented, my Face The Day entries are getting longer and longer! Need I explain why that is?


Above you see my mom's finished manuscript with an unfinished possible cover for the book when it's edited and published and all that. I'm going to be reading it in the next month or so I expect. I'm glad my mom finished it. Besides taking care of us, that is basically all she did - sat at the table writing her book. I hope she finds success with it...



And last but not least, to be honest, there weren't any Post Secret entries this week that really jumped out at me other than perhaps the one above. Something about it is very moving. Don't you think? It makes me sad that one bad teacher or parent or person can see a kid all wrong and send such negative messages that forever hurt and need to be overcome... I hope I am a good mother to my child. I hope I fill her with self-confidence, well-being and love. I hope she never has another person ruin her... I hope she's equipped with strong tools to get through everything.

No comments: