Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday 14 January 2007: Sarah wears white and makes a self-portrait and hates to report she has a little lower back pain today...

Sarah says:
My friend Joke visited today and brought me the white shoulder-only cape/drape you see in the above photo. I would never have chosen such a thing for myself. First of all it is white, which can make you look bigger and second of all one would think it makes my broad football player shoulders even more broad and football-player like. Seems I was wrong about those two things just like I was wrong about horizontal stripes. All of these things look quite okay on me so it goes to show you. Now I'll try stuff I would never try before and often I am pleasantly surprised. In 2007, I do not want to use words such as "that's not me" or stuff like that. Take chances! That's what I am saying! Try new things and break old moulds!!
Last night we played a game in which we had to write a description of ourselves based on the letters in our names. It was fun for my daughter who is learning to write these days. We also each had to draw a self-portrait of how we see ourselves today. Below you can see the one I drew of myself. If I drew it today, I'd put me in a white shoulder-wrap!
Sadly, this afternoon my lower back started to ache a bit. Maybe it's just period pains and cramps. I really hope so. I hope I haven't done too much. I am feeling too good and maybe not resting enough. I am trying to rest and think I am resting enough but it is so hard to know! I just hope by tomorrow the pain is all gone!

2 comments:

Cutie said...

nice drawing

Anonymous said...

That looks GREAT on you. And I like your drawing also. asg