Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tuesday 19 December 2006: Sarah is BACK JACK even though she was cut from her guggle to her zatch! Here are the photos!

Sunday 17 December 2006: Heidi popped in! I was happy to see her but probably not very good company! Just before, my husband's parents came to the hospital and was fading in and out of sleep, not feeling very well. Lots of pain on the Sunday and very big problems with going, rather not going, to the BIG toilet! I was in agony from it! The pressure was building up in my intestines and pushing on my wound. The nurses gave me two sacks of powder. They didn't work. They gave me drops. They didn't work. They even gave me a Fleet enema! IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!! It was awful, really. But finally, FINALLY!!! Eventually that night I had a little relief with more to follow the next morning. I never thought I'd be able t leave the hospital Monday feeling this way. It made me scared! But on Monday after seeing my new X-ray, the doctor said everything looked good and I should go home. Now I am home and feel glad to be here. I am in a lot of pain, especially at night. My legs are killing me and my wound is aching. But I have no pain in my lower back!!! I am eating normal food again and enjoying it! I am watching TV and reading magazines and fading in and out of sleep. See above post for more details!

Still Saturday 16 December 2006: Isn't this picture from my daughter so nice! I have only made 6 of the 10 wishes so far, so I have 4 left!

Saturday 16 December 2006: Able to crack a big smile, especially with the visit of my daughter and her lovely picture she gave me above! I think they took the catheter out and I started taking normal pain killers with water rather than through a tube in my arm. That night my fever began I think and I was so very sick - or was it the night before? I can't even remember. But it was really awful! I was it so much pain and shaky and had a fever. They waited 6 hours till I couldn't take it anymore and I was ringing the nurses every 20 minutes - until they gave me a shot in my leg with a heavy pain killer. It was fantastic really because it was the first moment in about 2 year that I had no pain whatsoever! I was in lala land. Totally lovely!

Friday 15 December 2006: Day after the operation. Still on pain killers galore through my arm and peeing through a catheter with blood sack draining my wound. Very uncomfortable but still alive and kicking, just barely though. Nice eyebrows! Glad I had those done the day I checked into the hospital!

Thursday 14 December 2006 around 4pm: Surgery had been at around 8:30 am that morning. I got through recovery and my husband and mother visited me in the afternoon. I was very pale and sickly looking and in a lot of pain but obviously had enough energy to still take this photo! Actually, the pain wasn't that bad thanks to the heavy pain killers at that moment!

No comments: