Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday 15 May 2008: Heidi looks kind of boyish in this picture, no? And Sarah ran out of contact lenses and is back to glasses. Isn't that exciting?

Heidi says:
There was a boy...
A very strange enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea,
A little shy and sad of eye
But very wise was he.
And then one day,
One magic day,
he passed my way.
And while we spoke of many things,
Fools and kings,
This he said to me,
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return."

Sarah says:
Weird day in our world. Laf! Warm and humid and sticky and stormy. Slimy. Slithery. Heidi could be my boyfriend in the above photo, don't you think?

Forgot Post Secret again this week so I put my pick-of-the-week below about the changes in one's body thanks to pregnancy are worth it. I have to agree. I wouldn't change a thing - my back operation, my horrid pregnancy, the scary birth, the scars and stretch marks -- they suck but they are all 100% worth it. I can really hate my belly sometimes - how it kind of falls over the big scar from the birth, which was again opened for the back operation - but it's there for a very good reason and I should be kinder to myself about it. I waffle so much between feeling really happy with myself to absolute hate of my fatter parts and largeness and all that. We should all love our female bodies that can create babies. I sometimes can't believe that my daughter was lifted out of my abdomen. It's crazy. Lovely crazy. Today I feel just fine about myself even with a little bloat and a lot of pimples. It's weird. I don't know what determines it from day to day... Women are cruel to themselves. Maybe men too. I don't know. Anyway - man I love my little kid. I just look at her in absolute awe everyday.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

-
-
-
-
-
Maybe if you didn't wear the same dress four days in a row, you'd feel better about your looks. LOL!

I'm not going to cut and paste my prior comments about how you should post an entry with a compendium of your prior entries on looks. That idea has gone nowhere, and I'm done with it.

HTMYF?

Anonymous said...

Maybe for once you can comment on something else?
Heidi