Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday 10 November 2007: Sarah has a so-so day while Heidi probably has a great one getting massages and facials and relaxing the day away...


Sarah says:
Non-eventful day really. Got a decent sleep last night finally, so that's good. Woke up at 9 for once! Went grocery shopping. Looked for a new garage door - an electric one. Went to my kid's youth group evening, which was nice because she did a little play and we saw slides of her camp last year and she looked like she was having a lot of fun. But it was also kind of yucky, because everyone was smoking, which drives me really crazy when my kid is around and when so many kids are around. I really think it should not be allowed. My poor kid with her sensitive lungs was coughing the whole night away and suffering from it. So many kids were. I really don't think -- especially with all the rules about smoking these days -- that smoking should be allowed in small, closed in areas with no ventilation - during youth group functions. I know I sound like and old nag - but I don't think anyone can argue with this. It just isn't right.

Other than that, nothing to report really. I have a lot on my mind and I'm feeling quite sad deep down. I can't shake the sadness. It's really difficult to watch a good friend facing death. It's something that I think about all day long. Everything right now brings this to mind. That's normal. This is so serious and real. I'm not the one suffering here, don't get me wrong - I get to live. My life gets to go on. I just can't stand the fact that he's going and won't be here anymore. I can't stand the fact that his family and loved ones will lose him to cancer. They will always have him in heart and in head but it's just too sad and it just sucks.

No comments: