Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturday 1 September 2007: It's 1ST OF THE MONTH FLASHBACK AT FACE THE DAY! But sadly there's no photo of Heidi and Sarah together today...just kids..


Sarah says:
It's Face The Day First of the Month Flashback but sadly I couldn't get a photo with Heidi so... It is too bad because there's something fun, for us anyway, to be able to compare one year to another (follow this link to last year's entry if you want to see what we were up to...) -- to stand in the same pose year after year and see how we have grown and aged and changed or stayed the same. Above you can see a photo of me and Marvelous Marv (;-). He's Heidi's stand-in today and my husband's stand-in on Face The Day sometimes. Speaking of comparing photos from year to year, well good old honest Marv looked at the below photo and said again how he misses my long hair and doesn't really like my short hair. I can sort of understand what he means and I think I agree. Long hair does suit me better so that's where I am headed from this point on -- at least I think so. And what about that pink sweater in both photos below? I still wear it a lot!! Time to go shopping big time! At least in today's photo I have a shirt on that I bought this summer. What I see from this blog is that I wear the same stuff over and over and over and over again! Not a lot of variation! And I wear the same earrings almost everyday! And my zits are almost always in the same spots for years and years!

HEIDI - GET YOUR PHOTO ON HERE TODAY IF YOU CAN!!!!


Above you can see Heidi and me last year on the 1st of September 2006!

And above here you can see Heidi and me two years ago on the 1st of September 2005!


In the photo above you can see Marv on a ride today at the fun park Bellewaerde with our kid and three kids of friends of ours. The kids are staying with us for the weekend and having fun, fun, fun! My daughter is on top of the world. The kids were very daring today and went on whatever rides they could. I joined them on a few too, which was great. I had to choose the rides that wouldn't hurt my back and it all worked out fine. We finished the lovely day with the flying chairs. There is no better feeling than sitting in one of those swings while it's going in fast circles as you dangle from above with your eyes closed and your arms spread out like wings. My husband sometimes asks what to do with me if I pass away. I say he has to give my whole body to science but maybe he should save some of my ashes and throw them off of one of those flying swings at a fun park. That seems like a good way to go -- falling and flying from the sky freely. It's one of my favorite feelings in the world!

Look above at these amazingly beautiful and charming kids! I don't think I could ever have a big family - one kid is enough for me - but it sure is great to be able to spend time with the kids of good friends and to get to know their kids and watch them get older along with my daughter. It's fabulous to see your own friends shining through their children - in looks, in character, in posture. Really fascinating and fun!

And the last photo above is just of one of the rides and of the fun we had. I had anyway!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
a. I think you look much more fashionable, mature, and in-command with short hair.

b. Have you noticed that I've substituted commenting on your blog for activities I am temporarily incapable of?

c. HAYMTFBT?

Anonymous said...

Zo te zien hadden onze kids een superdag!!! Bedankt!
Peter en Valerie xxx
P.S. Lekkere quiche!!!
http://vallysworld.skynetblogs.be

Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...

Hey NSM - Thanks for "a". As for "b", you'll be back to playing volleyball in no time and you have Curb Your Enthusiasm to look forward to! I watched the trailer online today I can't wait to see it all! AYAEAIA?!

Hi Vally! You have terrific children! They are welcome anytime! It was a ball!

Cheers,
SRA

Anonymous said...

IAE, but I still worry that, with how perfectly the series could have ended last season, perhaps HSHLWEA.