Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wednesday 27 June 2007: Heidi and Sarah are listening hard for the answer is blowin' in the wind...and Sarah does not look like Beth Ditto!

Sarah says:
The weather has improved here in Belgium just a little bit. There's a little less rain and a bit more sun. But the heavy wind keeps on blowing indeed. Tomorrow I am off to London for two days and I just hope there aren't any downpours like there have been here. There are few things worse than walking through London in the pouring rain with no means to get dry! Ughhh.

Anyway - I know I am not in my usual writing-way-too-much on here mode but it's just because I am too busy these days. You can be sure I'll get back to my old self soon. I am like in another world these days between manic and comatose. It's all good but it'll be nice and necessary to chill out for a while in July while I am on vacation. I need a little rest I think. That's all!

One more thing, the concert of the Gossip was really great last night at the VK in Brussels. I am really happy I went. That is one powerful band that gives seriously good show! But if one more person says I look like the singer, Beth Ditto, man I'm going to be annoyed. It's not that I think she's unattractive - or that I would mind looking like her. In fact, as Heidi once told me, she is damn sexy on stage with how she sings and moves and all and all her power - and she's curvy and pretty. But the reason people have said I look like her is simple - because the people who have said it, don't look further than the FAT!. Beth Ditto is a fat singer, there is no denying it (by our western standards anyway). That's her. But she is much more than that and more freaking power her to her for just getting up there and being proud of her body or at least playing it like she is (posing naked on the cover of NME for example). I am also a fat singer with black hair and I am American. So there you go - people make an easy comparison. We do not look alike at all other than for those things. It's like saying all black people look alike or all asians look alike. All fat people look alike.... People gotta open their eyes! Anyway - I just had to say that because in two days I have already gotten the "is that you" or "you look like her" comment from three separate people. Ding-dongs!

The photo below is of Beth Ditto - the singer of the Gossip. It is not me!!!

Heidi says: Beth Ditto, I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

-
-
-
You're right. She doesn't look like you. But she does look a lot like me don't you think?

ASG

Anonymous said...

Oh are they from Portland? Not heard of them. Is it a bell recommended band.

rebecca said...

She doesn't look like you, and I'm not sayin' she's NOT, but baby you are HOT! I'm going to go through RIGHT NOW and POINT OUT all your HOTNESS!!

rebecca said...

PS I got an "Allison Moyet!" in London when I lived there for the same reason -- arsehole!