Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday 03 May 2007: Heidi and Sarah are in a furry blur and hairy-beast Sarah plans her new haircut…What do you think?


Heidi says:
Cloudy weather! Is it going to rain? Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Sarah says:
It’s a blurry, whirly day. All I am interested in today is my haircut tonight. See the below photo – that’s what I am aiming for – short, choppy and more wild. With that said, I know it will end up as always and look exactly the same, just shorter. It never works out. I have a great head of hair if you ask me – but it never works out – especially now with all the crispy grays which get all coarse and unmanageable as they get even shorter. Plus my hair is too heavy. Yes, indeed – I am calling my hair fat. I also have a big fat head. You know when I’ll be happy with my weight, when I see a photo of my profile and I don’t look huge-shouldered, no-necked and big-chinned. That’ll be the day, eh! In the meantime, a haircut will suffice. The trouble with going shorter is that it can make me look too innocent. People always mistake me for a serious person because I just have that look. I can’t just readily smile and look cheery. I try hard but I just don’t get there so people think I am serious until they get to know me. I have been told that time and time again. I liked another photo of me and Heidi today but Heidi didn’t like it because she thought her face looked too facey or something – too weird – too farmey. But what I saw in the photo was Heidi as I see her a lot – with a big happy smile, light and cheery. Oh the dang “Looking Glass Self”!
There are three main components of the Looking-Glass Self (Yeung, et. al. 2003).
1.We imagine how we must appear to others.
2.We imagine the judgment of that appearance.
3.We develop our self through the judgments of others.

So many times Heidi has liked a photo of me that I have thought was awful. We are all so silly and complex I guess… I hope YOU love yourself and how you look! Very few people do - at least only very few have this disorder luckily. I wait for my day in the sun and luckily for me I go from self-hate to self-love to self-hate to self-love so there is some relief every now and then!!! In the meantime, stay tuned for my haircut results tomorrow! I'm gonna look amazing!

No comments: