Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tuesday 19 December 2006 Part 3: Sarah gets a CLEAN head of hair & up-to-date with Face The Day before she goes back to bed for the rest of the day...

Sarah says:
LOOK - this is this morning! My mom washed my hair and I look fresh and clean and tired!! Now I am very, very tired actually and achy and will take a pain-killer and maybe watch a little TV and fade into sleep. Lying down all day hurts my body. I need to walk around a bit and sit up from time to time. I have to say that I really have no pain at all in my lower back, which is amazing. My pain is now in my legs, neck, shoulders, and belly especially. That's all part of the operation I guess. It's amazing how okay I feel already. I am terribly low energy and am not at all ready to really face the world or have visitors or anything like that but I can walk! I can go to the toilet! I can sit up and lie down! I can climb steps! I have to be careful. Very careful. It's too easy to imagine you feel better than you really are and therefore to do too much too soon. I am doing my best not to do too much. It's hard to be lazy! But I will try for sure!

Sarah adds:
That's my home-hospital bed in my TV room in my house! That's where I'll be spending most of my time these next months. It's a bit hectic in there but I'll have to get used to it all. I hope I don't become a TV-head! I already watched Doctor Phil today and Days of Or Lives! My mind is going to rot! My dad sent me about 30 magazines! What a great thing!!! I read half of them already at the hospital and her at home yesterday. Magazines are the best for fading in and out of sleep. A great cure to being bored lying in bed all day!

Sarah continues:
Here I was yesterday, Monday the 18th when I got home. My hair was dirty. I was a bit overwhelmed. A lot in pain. Tired. Now that I had a good scrub and a hair wash I feel like brand new! And I really do feel taller!!!!

Heidi says: Look at my pile of presents, all ready to give at christmas evening. Well, most of them anyway. There are also presents for Tom, Katrijn, Alexander, Wout and Jeff, and I won't see them on christmas evening. That's for other moments! :))
I pulled such a face because I am watching a program on the oldest drivers in Great Britain, and one of the old men is taking new drivers' lessons, and he used to drive a getaway car when he and his mates were doing bank robberies. Hahahaha. (sorry, apparently I cannot upload pics when the day is already filled in by Sra. I'll do it in another upload for today!)

No comments: